The effects of a disaster on local businesses can have a profound effect on the community. Short-term effects include economic losses for the business owner, while long-term effects may include the complete loss of the business. When businesses close and people lose jobs it can have a significant effect on the local economy. Business owners have a duty to their employees to provide a safe work environment. Business owners should appropriate steps to plan for dealing with potential disasters that might affect their business. Click the link below to learn how to be prepared for disasters.
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist
- Emergency Management Guide for Business and Industry
- Emergency Procedures for Employees with Disabilities in Office Occupancies
- Expect the Unexpected: Prepare Your Business For Disaster
- Every Business Should Have a Plan
- Flu Brochure
- Getting Back to Business
- Open for Business Tookit
- Personal Workspace Disaster Supplies Kit
- Plan to Stay in Business-An Emergency Planning Guide
- Severe Windstorm Checklist
- What Are The Costs?
- Workplace Safety for People with Disabilities
Also see our Writing Plans page for emergency plan examples.