Ada County government is comprised of 11 county departments and seven elected offices. The county contains six cities: Boise, Meridian, Garden City, Eagle, Star and Kuna, and lies within the Boise City-Nampa, Idaho Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Ada County is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Whether it’s the vibrant cultural and recreational opportunities available, the friendly people or the mild climate, Ada County and its surrounding communities afford a quality of life second to none. Good jobs, affordable housing and safe communities make Ada County a great place to call home!
Interesting Ada County Facts:
- Ada County was established on December 22, 1864
- Ada County was named after Ada Riggs, the daughter of Idaho Territorial Legislator H.C. Riggs, one of the founders of Boise
- The surface area of Ada County is 1054.99 square miles
- Average commute time to work in Ada County is under 20 minutes
- Learn more on Ada County’s current population, demographics and other quick facts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Ada County Cities