Hoping an Emergency never happens but being ready if it does.
WHO WE ARE…
The Board of Ada County Commissioners is authorized and required by Idaho Code § 46-1009 to maintain a county-wide disaster preparedness agency and, for that purpose, has established the Ada County Department of Emergency Management. Ada County Emergency Management works closely with other local, state, and federal agencies to help the community mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from all technological and natural disasters and emergencies in Ada County.
WHAT WE DO…
The primary goal of Emergency Management is to protect lives and property within the boundaries of Ada County. Some of our most important tasks include:
- Identify hazards and risks that may affect residents of Ada County.
- Inventory specialized resources such as supplies, equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Develop inter-governmental emergency response plans that address roles and responsibilities during emergencies and disasters.
- Ensure coordination and communication between government agencies, business and industry, and volunteer agencies.
- Provide public education and information on personal safety, disaster preparedness and hazards in Ada County.