Home > Court Assistance

Court Assistance


Court Assistance Office will be closed to the public. If you have any questions regarding Court Assistance Office paperwork, email [email protected] or call 208-287-6944.

Please see the Ada County COVID-19 information page for updates on closures and cancellations in relation to COVID-19.

getting helped at the counterFor document filing instructions, record requests, filing fee information, case status, or courthouse accessibility please contact the Ada County Clerk’s Office, which is the filing and records office for the court. You can reach the Clerk’s Office during business hours by phone at 208-287-6900. You can also check the status of your case through the iCourt Portal.


Self-Help Court Assistance Office:

The Court Assistance Office cannot file paperwork for you. You must contact the Ada County Clerk’s Office directly for instructions on the current filing process.

The Ada County Court Assistance Office provides resources, tools, and paperwork on a variety of legal topics for people who want to represent themselves in court or who can’t afford an attorney. The Court Assistance Office cannot provide legal advice or legal representation. If you have a general question for the court, please contact the clerk’s office at 208-287-6900.

On this site, you will find brochures and forms for some civil court matters including divorce, landlord/tenant issues, name changes, small claims and protection orders, among other things.

We can help you to review your Court Assistance paperwork for completeness and help get your forms in the proper order to file with the Ada County Clerk’s Office. If you have questions about your Court Assistance forms you can e-mail our office at [email protected] or call at 208-287-6944 or 208-287-6963. If you have a case in another county, please contact your local Court Assistance Office.

The Court Assistance Office cannot provide legal advice or legal representation. Laws and court rules are complex.  If you can, talk to an attorney about your problem before moving forward on your own.

If you are looking for step by step instructions for filing Court Assistance forms.

Hours of Operation:

The Ada County Court Assistance Office has walk-in hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.  We do not make appointments. Walk-in hours are not available at this time due to courthouse closure. Please contact us by phone or e-mail for information on remote services.

Our office is located in the Ada County Courthouse, 200 West Front Street, on the first floor in room 1171. Public parking is available on the east side of the building.

IMPORTANT: The assistance you receive on this site is no substitute for legal advice. If you can, talk with an attorney. Information included on this site may or may not apply to your specific case. Following the instructions provided and using the forms linked here does not guarantee you will win your case. You can use the Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service to find a lawyer.

How was your experience?
Take our survey