You are welcome to bring your Autumn leaves to the landfill for disposal from October 21st to December 9th, 2019.
Christmas Tree disposals will be from December 23rd to January 13th, 2020.
The Ada County Landfill seeks to pro-actively manage County waste disposal facilities, enforce applicable codes, and provide reasonably priced and environmentally acceptable methods for solid and hazardous wastes reduction and disposal for County residents and businesses.
The services provided by the 2,700-acre multi-use Ada County Landfill Complex include:
- Maintenance of a sanitary landfill for acceptance of solid wastes generated by Ada County residents
- Operation of a permanent year-round facility for disposal of household and small business hazardous wastes
- Contractual oversight of the franchised trash collection in unincorporated Ada County ensuring compliance with trash pick up, recycling and rates
- On-site recycling programs for wood, tires, automotive batteries, refrigerators, and air conditioner.
- Educational resource for local schools and service groups
ADA COUNTY SOLID WASTE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SWAC)
SWAC is composed of a representative of each city municipality. These representatives are nominated by their city’s Mayor and City Council for review by the BOCC (Board of Commissioners). SWAC provides input to the Board of Commissioners on items dealing with Solid Waste, Hazardous Waste, Recycling and Diversion Programs. As part of the determination for less waste in the community, SWAC meetings will be as waste free as possible. This will include all agendas and minutes to be sent electronically to eliminate the need for paper products.