The Ada County Treasurer’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice. However, we continue to process payments. Please see the Ada County COVID-19 information page for additional closures and cancellations in relation to the COVID-19 illness.
Property tax due dates, late charge and interest are determined by State Law. The Ada County Treasurer’s Office does not have the authority to change these. Should the payment of property taxes, late charge and/or interest be a hardship to the property owner, the property owner may apply for a hardship cancellation pursuant to Idaho Code § 63-711 using the Property Tax Cancellation/Exemption Application.
Treasurer’s Office Contact Information – Our staff is still available to provide services as follows:
- Here on our website
- By email to: [email protected].
- By phone, please press Option#7 to leave a voicemail and we’ll return your call as soon as we’re able: 208 287-6800
Tax Deed Hearing – The tax deed hearing scheduled for April 6, 2020 has been POSTPONED. Notice of a new hearing date will be provided at a later time.
Tax Payments – The Treasurer’s Office is accepting payments as follows:
- by mail: Ada County Treasurer’s Office, PO Box 2868, Boise, ID 83701
- online at https://adacounty.id.gov/treasurer/
- by telephone: 1-844-471-7324
- at the drop box at: 182 N. Cloverdale, Boise, ID 83713
- at the drop box at: the Elections Mobile Trailer (located in the surface parking lot between the Courthouse and Civic Plaza).
- DO NOT SEND CASH
Property Tax Reduction: Important Update: If you or someone you know qualifies for Property Tax Reduction / Circuit Breaker programs, Property Tax Deferral and Service-Connected Disabled Veteran Benefit programs – the deadline to apply has been extended to June 15, 2020. Governor Brad Little’s office made the announcement as part of larger relief options related to the COVID-19 response.
- Property Tax Reduction Application/Instructions
- Property Tax Reduction Medical Expense Form
- Property Tax Reduction Income Brackets
- Property Tax Reduction Brochure
- Property Tax Deferral Application
- Property Tax Deferral Brochure
- 100% Service Connected Disabled VA Application
- 100% Service-Connected Disabled VA Brochure
There are a number of ways you can submit your PTR information. The Assessor’s Office is accepting applications and required documents at [email protected], they can be faxed to 208-287-7209, drop-boxes are available at the Franklin, Meridian, and Chinden DMV branches, and the Elections Mobile Trailer is open for drop-off (located in the surface parking lot between the Courthouse and Civic Plaza). All outreach programs scheduled at Senior Centers and other locations have been cancelled.
Homeowners Exemptions: If you need to file a Homeowners Exemption application, you can do that online via the Ada County HOE application or leave your application in any one of the drop-boxes at the Franklin, Meridian, and Chinden DMV branches. The Elections Mobile Trailer is also open for application drop-off. For qualifications and instructions, please refer to the application.