2018 Missed Tax Bills are in the Mail
Missed tax bills are in the mail. These bills can occur for a number of reasons. Some examples of items that may appear on a missed property tax toll include removal of a developer’s exemption or property characteristic errors caught after the regular property tax roll closed. Your property may have received a primary property tax bill, a subsequent property tax bill, and a missed property tax bill, depending on the circumstances surrounding your property. Missed roll bills can be identified by “Tax Roll: 2ND SUB” on the upper right corner of your bill.
FAST FACTS & IMPORTANT DEADLINES:
- E-Tax: If you requested an electronic copy of your tax bill via e-tax please watch your email’s inbox and spam folders for an email from Billing Document Specialists (BDS) with this subject line: ADA COUNTY 2018 PROPERTY TAX ATTACHED.
- In person:
- Courthouse – 200 W. Front St., Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- By mail: P.O.Box 2868, Boise, ID 83701 (Please note USPS postmark must be indicated on or before the due dates; metered postage is not applicable).
- Pay by Credit Card or E-Check: visit https://client.pointandpay.net/web/AdaCounty (Please note convenience fees will apply)
- Pay by Integrated Voice Recognition: 1-844-471-7324 (Please note convenience fees will apply).
- Primary Roll: If you are the property owner of new construction you will receive a property tax bill for the land and any structure on the property prior to improvements starting.
- Subsequent Property Tax Roll or Occupancy Roll: If construction is completed after the primary roll assessment deadline of May then you will receive a tax bill for the improvement or structure in January which will be due by February 20, 2019. If a developer owned the property they may have a “developer’s exemption”. Once ownership changes the exemption is no longer applicable.
- Missed Roll: The Assessor’s Office may reassess the property from date of ownership change to December 31. This generates a missed roll bill sent in February and due by March 20, 2019.