FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 11, 2018
Contact: Kate McGwire
Opioid Crisis Series 2: Supporting Families of Addiction
(Boise, ID) – Ada County Problem Solving Courts is hosting the second event in their Opioid Crisis Series on Thursday, April 19, 2018 starting at 6:30 PM at Ten Mile Christian.
This second series is designed to support families of addicts. Addiction is a disease that reaches everyone close to the person dependent on opioids. Speakers and panelists throughout the evening will help families identify the addiction; educate them on what steps are needed to address the situation; and inform them about options for help. Support and recovery are not just needed for the addict. Along with their families, addicts have a long road to recovery and this event is intended to provide hope and support along the way.
On April 19th, find out why addiction is a disease and what that does to the family dynamic. Learn what treatment options are best and hear from addicts and their families who will share personal struggles and triumphs.
Everyone in the community is encouraged to attend.
Series 2 Speakers:
- • Addiction 101 – Janette Day, CADC, Ada County Drug Court Counselor and Former Treatment Center Supervisor
- • Recovery Panel – Addicts and their family members. Moderator: Judge Lynn Norton
- • Accessing Treatment – Josh Bode, MSW, Veterans Justice Outreach, V.A.
- • State Representative Sue Chew – Good Samaritan Law
April 19th | Ten Mile Christian | 3500 W. Franklin Rd., Meridian 83642
• 6:30-7:00 pm Community Support exhibit booths
• 7–8:30 pm Supporting Families of Addiction Presentation
• 8:30-9 pm Community Support exhibit booths
Please share this event to help us spread the word. We want to support as many families effected by addiction as we can.