The Ada County Work Release Program allows some participants to live in a special detention facility and be released each day to go to their jobs in the community.
When participants are not at work, they must be at the Work Release Center. Participants who perform well in the program can earn three hours of free time on Sunday afternoons to visit their families in the community and conduct personal business. Participants serving time in the program must park in the parking lot directly across from the Work Release Center.
Eligibility Requirements for the Work Release Program
- Participants must be court ordered to “all Options” or specifically to work release.
- Participants must be sentenced to five days or more in jail.
- Participants must be able to begin within 30 days of their sentencing date unless otherwise specified by court order.
- No students, unless specified by court order.
- Court-ordered classes are allowed as long as documentation is provided.
- Any participant may be placed on electronic monitoring at the discretion of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office. That cost is paid by the participant.
- Job criteria :
- Ada County or Nampa job sites only.
- Participants cannot have more than two job sites per day without electronic monitoring in place.
- Participants cannot have more than two jobs.
- Participants may work up to six days a week; no more than 16 hours per day.
- Participants may not work in an establishment where alcohol is the major source of revenue or the participant is tasked with making alcoholic beverages.
- Job sites must have a supervisor on site at all times or the client will have to wear a GPS electronic monitoring device.
- Job sites cannot be at a personal residence, including that of the participant.
- Any changes in work schedules must be made at least twenty-four hours in advance.
- The Ada County Sheriff’s Office must be able to verify employment through employer and be allowed to perform an on-site job check.
- $25.00 administrative fee (One-time fee only)
- $25.00 a day ($175 per week).
- If electronic monitoring is required, it is an additional fee of $8 a day.
- The first week’s payment plus initial fee ($200) is due prior to start date. Payment is due every 7 days.
For more details about rules and regulations of the program,checkout our Work Release Handbook.