The Sheriff’s Labor Detail (SLD) is a work crew made up of participants that perform labor-intensive work on various public projects in the community. The SLD participants are supervised by Ada County employees, government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Headcount and crew assignment begins at 7:30 a.m., with the exception of holidays, at the Work Release Center.
Participants return to the Work Release Center by 4:00 pm and are allowed to go home to spend the night with their families.
Participants must park in the lot directly across from the Work Release Center.
Eligibility Requirements for the SLD Program
- Participants must sentenced to no more then 30 days
- Participants must be court-ordered to “All Options” or the Sheriff’s Labor Detail.
- Participants must start within 30 days of sentence.
- Participants must be able to perform physical labor with no major physical, medical, or mental restrictions.
- All fees must be paid in advance before the start of their first day.
- Participants must do at least two days a week, every week, until their sentence is complete.
- Participants who have medical restrictions must supply a doctor’s note for eligibility consideration.
- $25.00 Administrative fee (one time fee only)
- $10 a day on weekdays.
- $15 a day on weekends.
- Reschedule fees are $25.00 per day
- No Show fees are $50.00 a day.