If you are interested in accompanying an Ada County Patrol Deputy on a ride-along, you must:
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Pass a background check and similar screenings.
Interested parties may download a Ride-Along Application to fill out. Applications can also be picked up at the Records window, located at the Public Safety Building, 7200 Barrister, Boise, ID 83704. The Records window is open to the public seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Please submit a photo copy of your driver’s license with your application. Upon passing your background check, you will be contacted to schedule your ride-along.
- Applicants are to dress business casual, and in no type of uniform.
- Do not bring any type of weapon.
- It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water and a small snack.
If you have questions regarding the Ride-Along Program, please contact the Police Services Administrative Assistant at (208) 577-3700
Please send ride-along applications to:
Ada County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Police Services Administrative Assistant
7200 Barrister Dr.
Boise, Idaho 83704