Benefits of Voting by Mail
- Keeps regular voters engaged.
- Encourages new voter participation.
- Centralizes and streamlines election administration.
- Increases transparency in the election process.
- Presents no partisan advantage.
- Protects voters’ right to a secret ballot.
- Uses signature verification to eliminate voting fraud.
- Uses technology to inform voters about the status of their ballot.
Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Voting
Active Duty Uniformed Service members (including spouse and dependents) residing outside of Ada County, or U.S. citizens residing outside of the U.S., are eligible to receive ballots by mail, email, or fax. If you are eligible, please consider the following:
- Complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to request your ballot(s).
- Be sure to give the mail service plenty of time to return your ballots to our office.
- Ballots must be received by our office by 8:00 P.M. on Election Day.