Uniformed & Overseas Citizen Voters - Elections

(Please see https://adacounty.id.gov/elections for the latest version of this information)

Home > Uniformed & Overseas Citizen Voters

Uniformed & Overseas Citizen Voters

Idaho allows any active duty member military who is stationed overseas, including their spouse and dependents, to vote by mail. The same is true for other U.S. citizens who live abroad. If you fall into this category, you may request a ballot by mail, email or fax.

How to Vote Absentee if you are Active Duty Military or Live Overseas:

  • Complete the Federal Post Card Application. You must complete and sign this form in order to request your ballot. If you are using this form to register to vote, you must mail the form to our office. If you are already registered with your most recent Idaho address, you may fax, email or mail the form to our office.
  • Give yourself plenty of time. Keep in mind how long it will take for your ballot request to get to our office and the time it will take for a ballot to be mailed to you. Plan early and allow ample time.
  • Return your ballot. Your ballot must be returned by mail. In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received by our office by 8 p.m. on Election Day.

If you have additional questions about how to vote when living overseas, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s website.