Court Assistance Office


New Rules of Procedure Apply in Family Law Cases Filed After January 1, 2013 in the Fourth Judicial District.

If you are filing a court document in a new case originated after January 1, 2013 involving a domestic violence protection order, divorce, paternity, child custody, child support, or the modification of a child custody, child support or spousal support judgment filed after January 1, 2013, then your case is subject to new rules of procedure called the Idaho Rules of Family Law Procedure (“IRFLP”).

You can access the IRFLP as follows:

1. On line at:
     a. the Fourth Judicial District website and
     b. the Idaho Supreme Court website 

2. In person at the public computer terminals in the Ada County Clerk’s Office at 200 W. Front Street, Boise, ID. Copies of the IRFLP will not be provided.

3. By Hard Copy: Copies of the IRFLP will not be provided.
     a. There are 4 binders containing hard copies of the new rules at the Court Assistance Office in the Ada County Courthouse, 200 W. Front Street, Boise, ID;
     b. One binder is available at Family Court Services, Fourth Floor of the Ada County Courthouse; and
     c. A binder is available at each clerk’s office located in Boise County, Elmore County and Valley County, ID.

4. You can find more information on the Idaho Rules of Family Law Procedure at 

 The Idaho Rules of Civil Procedure Continue to Apply Only to Family Law Cases filed before January 1, 2013.

If you are filing in another judicial district you can find contact information for your local Court Assistance Office at  
You can also find contact information for all local courts at: do to directly contact the court where you plan to file.

The Court Assistance Office is on the first floor, Room #1171, in the Ada County Courthouse and Administration building located at 200 West Front Street.

If you have questions about filling out the forms call 287-6944. We can can also review your forms before you file them with the court at our office. The Court Assistance Office is opened from 8:30am to 3pm.

 To EMAIL questions or requests for information to the Ada County Court Assistance Office click here.

Our office cannot file your documents for you. You must file with your local Court Clerk's office. If you plan to file or have a case in another county please

click here to locate and contact the local Court Assistance Office.

To Mail in Forms - Address them to: Clerk of the Court, 200 W Front Street, Boise, ID 83702-7300. Phone number is 208-287-6900.

 Look up any case filed in Idaho. This website is available to the public to provide information on the status of trial court cases in the state of Idaho. Electronic records are available from 1995 forward, although some information for older cases may be available. As of May 27, 2008 case information is available for examination from all 44 Idaho Counties.

 Use the links on the left to get to different pages of this site.

 The forms on this web site are for use in Ada county and may be different from forms used in other counties in Idaho. If you need forms to file in another county in Idaho you may find them at the Idaho Supreme Court,Court Assistance Office Project website.

All Court Assistance Office instructions, links to resources and pamphlets can be found under Information.

Fee Waivers and Civil forms can be found under Miscellaneous Forms.

 If your case is contested and ends up going to court, please check your local library for the book Representing Yourself in Court by Bergman, Bergman, and Barrett for helpful information and tools on courtroom conduct.

 An online application for a Domestic Violence Protection Order is available for people who are victims of domestic violence as described in Idaho Code section 39-6300 et seq.

 Please Note: Files formatted in Portable Document Format (PDF) require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to access. You can download the free reader directly from Adobe Acrobat and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Warning: Talk to An Attorney, if Possible

The materials and assistance you receive at the Court Assistance Office are not a substitute for legal advice. The laws and court rules are complex. Following instructions and using the forms provided to you will not guarantee a favorable result. It is always advisable to talk to a lawyer about your problem before proceeding on your own.

If you cannot afford to hire an attorney to represent you, you may be able to pay a lawyer to give you advice and review your paperwork for a lesser cost. Contact the Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service (208-334-4500) for the name of an attorney in your area who will provide an initial consultation for no more than $35. Even if you do not hire a lawyer to represent you throughout the proceeding, a lawyer can look over your paperwork, give you advice on how to present your evidence, and tell you whether this type of action is right for you.


Ada County OfficesCourthouse200 W. Front StreetBoise, ID 83702Phone: (208) 287-7080